Our Information, Advice and Support Service is now located at the new Carers’ Centre in Central Library on Smithford Way.
Our service aims to meet the individual needs of family carers. It is FREE and CONFIDENTIAL.
We help carers in a number of ways:
- A listening ear to talk through your situation to meet your individual needs
- Advocating on your behalf
- Helping you plan to cope with your caring role, including doing a Carer’s Assessment
- Support groups to put you in touch with other carers
- Social outings to give you a break from caring
- Discount therapies to help you relax and recoup
- Up-to-date information about local services and how to access them
- Regular e-bulletins
- Information and advice about issues that concern family carers, including:
- Money and benefits
- National and local organisations offering information and support
- Local health and social care services
- Relief care
- Aids and adaptations
- Your rights at work
….. and much more
The Carers’ Centre is open to the public Monday to Friday 9.00 am until 5.00 pm.
Extra opening hours: Every Tuesday and Thursday until 6.00 pm
and the first Saturday of every month 10.00 am until 2.00 pm
Our telephone helpline – 024 7610 1040 – is open Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm and 10.00 am to 2.00pm on Saturdays.
We hold Carer Clinics in a number of GP surgeries, University Hospital, the Caludon Centre, Schools and other community venues.
Skype video call appointments can be booked.
Click here to message us and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Our workers can speak a number of community languages including Urdu, Hindi, Panjabi, French and Mandarin.